Way back in 2008, I posted a Christmas Meme from Debbie at Finding Normal.
Today I dug out a "Getting to Know Your Friends" email from 2006 and updated it a bit.
Change my answers to your answers, and re-post on your blog or post in the comments!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate with marshmallows *and* whipped cream (no cinnamon!).
2. Does Santa wrap your presents or leave them under the tree?
Santa's presents are never wrapped - they're always in front of all the other presents
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
It all depends upon the theme of the tree - white is more elegant, and colored is more fun
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Ummm, well, I have a snowman pillow on the couch... does that count?
I always help put up Mom's Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving, but I don't do much decorating at my own house!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Mom's "breakfast before" casserole.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
Planting laughing heyena toys in Mom's Snow Village ;-)
8. When and how did you find the truth out about Santa?
I always knew that a "Santa" is anyone who gives a gift in secret. So although I always remember knowing the truth, I didn't want to admit it for fear of not getting any presents "from Santa"!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Mom gives us new jammies on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Ummm, well, see #5 ;-)
But seriously, I like having several small trees with different ornament themes throughout the house.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love it! (it's beautiful and fun to play in), but also Dread it! (because of the other drivers on the road). If it's going to be freezing cold, then it ought to snow because that makes it worth the cold. I love when it just sticks to the grass and is pretty, or when it snows so much it shuts everything down! I don't like when it snows just enough to ice the roads and be dangerous.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, but not well - hurts my ankles, but it's fun with friends.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I get a new favorite gift each year!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
The most important thing is the whole family just spending time *together*.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
All those little cookies that Grandma makes - puttin' on the Ritz, wedding cookies with lots of powdered sugar, jam thumbprints, lemon squares, etc...
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I like the whole day - Christmas Eve dinner and presents; Santa presents, more family presents, and breakfast; then Grandma's house, where there is yet more food and presents. But most of all is family time together.
17. What tops your tree?
Ummm, well, see #10 ;-)
I like something small at the top that goes with the tree's theme. I like a star better than an angel.
18. Which do you prefer - Giving or Receiving?
Giving is always more fun!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Any Christmas carol sung by an acapella choir
20. What is your favorite candy?
Marshmallow Fudge - plain and smooth, no chunks or nuts!