What is a Meme?
Got this list from Debbie over at Finding Normal...
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - depends on the present. I really like wrapping in something reusable, like a scarf or basket or tote bag.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. Preferably pre-lit. Preferably LEDs - they never burn out!
3. When do you put up the tree? I put up Mom's on Thanksgiving weekend. My own tree hasn't left the attic in a few years...
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime in January. As long as it's down before Valentine's Day...
5. Do you like eggnog? No!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? An orange. Yes, a piece of fruit. One of my Christmas books had a picture of a child's stocking (okay, it was actually a baby bear's stocking...) with an orange in the top, so I asked Santa for an orange in mine. I didn't even like oranges, but I just knew that stockings were *supposed* to have oranges in the top! I got one every year after that!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. Although Mom has given me some very specific requests this year...
8. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters. They love it all!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Lots of them. I would like to leave them out all year, but there simply isn't room in my little house. Mom leaves hers out all the time.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love getting Christmas cards in the mail, but I have never sent any. Maybe I should try to send some out this year.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't remember it, but my parents told me that one year I asked Santa for a Slinky and was *extremely* upset when he brought me two of them. One was orange and the other was purple. I cried and said that I only wanted one!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle on 34th Street (the original black-and-white version, of course). Holiday Inn is a close second.
13. When do you start shopping forChristmas? January. That's when the best sales on Christmas-themed items are.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I gave my little sister a bunch of scented lotions that I got over the years (my dry, allergy-prone skin needs unscented, medicated lotion).
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma's cookies!
16. Lights on the tree? See #2.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to my hometown.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen. But do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer..."
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? New jammies on Christmas Eve (sometimes with accessories like robes or slippers or matching doll jammies), but all of the other presents get opened on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Doing Mom's shopping (and returns) for her. She lives in a small town, while I live in the big city with big stores and malls. (But I do it anyway, with a smile, 'cause I love you, Mom! Lots and lots!)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Grandma works at Hallmark, so we have lots of those ornaments as well as lots of other sentimental ones. Our big tree was always a hodgepodge. Mom now does themes on smaller trees (one little tree has angels, one Disney, one Nutcracker, etc) and all the rest go on the big tree. Most of my own ornaments are Barbie, Snoopy, and Looney Tunes.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? All of it! Any time family and food are together, it's my favorite!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I just want big smiles from my little sisters when they get to try out their gifts from me.
Your turn! Leave me a comment so I can come read your answers!
04 December 2008
What is a Meme?